Monday, October 29, 2012

Mini Rocky Road White Chocolate Cheesecake


It's no secret,  I LOVE rocky road! I love marshmallows, I love nuts and I love chocolate. I also love white chocolate cheesecake and the two together become deliciousness overload. After a few days in the fridge, the marshmallows start to melt into the cheesecake and turn so unbelievably soft and sweet.


I chose an oreo biscuits base as I've made it before and it is just divine. I may have forgotten the cherry or jelly aspect of rocky road in these but they honestly don't need it, they are delicious enough as is. I love making things in miniature, but you can totally make this as one big cheesecake if you wish.


Mini Rocky Road White Chocolate Cheesecake

(Recipe adapted from Cookies and Cream Cheesecake from Nestle's Australia's Sweet Baking Favourites)

What you will need

1 packet oreo biscuits
100g butter, melted
1 tsp gelatine
2 tbsp hot water
190g cream cheese
95ml condensed milk
150ml thickened cream
1/2 cup white chocolate, melted
2 picnic bars
1 bag marshmallows


What you will need to do

For the base, place a 12 cup cupcake silicon tray on a baking tray and set aside. Crush the oreo biscuits and mix with melted butter. Place a spoonful of mixture into each cup of the cupcake tray and press down firm (I used the end of a rolling pin to press them down hard). Place into fridge to set.

For the white chocolate cheesecake, place gelatin and hot water in a small bowl and mix until dissolved. In a separate bowl beat the cream cheese and condensed milk until smooth. Add cream, gelatin mix, melted white chocolate and beat until combined. Chop up picnic bar into small pieces and add to the mix. Chop up marshmallows into quarters and add to the mix. Mix until combined. Spoon mixture on top of bases. Return to fridge to set.


No comments:

Post a Comment